Borovets Ski Packages - prices 2013 | Borovets Ski Map
Borovets is the oldest, most famous and largest ski center in Bulgaria.
There is a full range of ski, après and other than ski attractions
at the disposal of the tourists here: fairy-tale fir trees, excellent ski-runs, first-class instructors, hot chocolate, chicken broth, grilled pork chops and then saunas, massage, bars, night clubs, discotheques... This resort is pleasant from any perspective both for young active skiers and for a family vacation with kids, nanies and grandmothers.
Borovets is situated amidst an age-old coniferous forest (“bor” means
fir-tree in Bulgarian) on the northern slopes of the Rila mountains at the
foot of mount Musala (2925m) — the highest peak of the Balkan peninsula.
It is 72 km to the south-east of Sofia and 126 km to the south-west of Plovdiv.
* Height of the resort above sea level — 1300 m
* Three skiing areas — from 1337 m to 2550 m
* Slopes face north, north-west and west
* Total length of ski-runs is 58 km
* Longest ski-run is 12 km
* Cross-country ski-track is 35 km
* Night skiing is from 17.00 to 22.00
* Artificial snow area is 20%
* Snowboard: free-ride and ski-runs.
1 gondola type for maximum 6 persons, 4 chair-lifts and 9 drag-lifts.